December 31, 2010 by Ellen V
It’s a warm, drizzly Friday in Milwaukee, and we sit on the crux of the New Year. 2010 has brought a host of new blessings, surprises, and challenges, and I can only look forward to more in 2011. Here, a Housekeeper’s 2010 Year in Review as well as Housekeeping Resolutions for 2011.
A Housekeeper’s 2010 Year in Review
This year I…
- …was married, and moved out of an apartment and into a house.
- …learned it’s cheaper, easier, and less wasteful to cook for two than for one.
- …adopted (through marriage) a dog to clean up after.
- …got the best vacuum ever.
- …built a compost receptacle and started composting.
- …started mowing our yard without gas.
- …gained a few extra pounds due to my husband’s excellent culinary skills.
- …managed to keep our house standing, despite all my attempts to wreck it all!
- …planted (and used!) basil, cherry tomatoes, and jalapenos from our own back yard.
- …kept to a regular chore list. Most of the time.
Housekeeping Resolutions for 2011
This year I will…
…learn to use my sewing machine!
- …create one new sewing project a month.
- …walk Dallas the Dog more often.
- …participate in Eric’s resolution to bake a new loaf of bread each
- …plant more garden veggies.
- …continue to work on our budget, especially when it comes to saving more and chipping away at our student loans.
- …repaint and recover a bench for our porch with Mama K.
- …take care of myself so I can take care of my family, my friends, and the people I love most!
- …blog often and honestly, so I can track my progress (or lack there of).
- …invite more people to our home for dinner, drinks, and general merriment.
- …be patient with my mistakes and be proud of my successes!
Happy New Year!