March 6, 2011 by Ellen V
I finished the second half of my February sewing project, and I’m thrilled to reveal it to you!
Okay, okay, I realize we’re well into March by now, but I promise to catch up over the next few weeks.
I used simple, cheap (but sturdy) red fabric for a baker’s apron! Much more complex than the last apron I attempted, this guy is a little rough around the edges, but I think he’ll get the job done. The apron has nice, big pockets in the front and an adjustable neck strap. Hooray for new skills! You can find the pattern here.
The toughest parts of this project were by far 1) turning the straps (I have a loop turner, but it was still terribly difficult) and 2) the hand sewing… again. Ugh. I’m terrible at hand sewing. I clearly have much more to learn.
I’m happy with the project for the most part, and I can’t wait for my March project to take shape over the next few weeks!