October 14, 2011 by Ellen V
My extensive checklist today included wrapping a bunch of gifts (for awesome people). As I’ve mentioned before, I really hate buying gift wrapping supplies. Most of my improvisation includes newspaper, but I’ve been known to use a few other tricks.
Now that I’m done for today, here are some fun ideas (by more intelligent people than me) to keep in mind for the future. Christmas is coming!
- Paper bags make a great base for ribbon, buttons, paper cut-outs, or yarn.
- It seems like little ornaments and trinkets clutter up everything during the holidays. Why not reuse them to brighten up some simple paper? I think these would look great with my newspaper standby!
- This site offers tons of great tips. My favorite ideas are using maps (I think we have an old atlas around somewhere…) and wall paper!
- Here’s a second site with lots of great ideas like making cloth bags with fabric scraps.
- The best idea yet is using waxed paper. Ribbon, flowers, or any flat item can be iron in between two sheets to create something different and new!