March 2, 2012 by Ellen V
Time is at a premium these days. I want to spend every moment Jane’s awake with her, but other things must be done! Like showering! And household tasks, of course. I think I’ll need to start making better use of the Baby Bjorn and/or Moby wrap in the next few months.
In the meantime, when Jane is sleeping I find I have about 20-30 minutes after the bare essentials are done for a quick project, but nothing more. Eric has committed to doing much of the major housework over the next few months (God bless him!) so I’m trying to do the other little things that make our lives better. I’m finding if I give myself 2-3 goals a day that can be accomplished in about 20 minutes each, I can actually contribute. Listen: it’s not an ideal plan, but it’ll work for now.
20 Minute Tasks
- Fold a load of laundry
- Make lunches for tomorrow
- Do my daily decluttering task
- Finish one step of a sewing project
- Make DIY baby wipes
- Plan next week’s menu and/or grocery list
- Do some quick indoor exercise (yoga, crunches, etc.)
- Start a loaf of homemade quick bread
- Recharge with a book, magazine, or nap
Here’s hoping for happy play times and easy naps!